Wednesday, March 3, 2010

thirsty for Gods word?

Just a moment of spiritual nudity...I don't really want to read the Bible. I say that I am into this and I even think in my head "yeah, I should totally do this!"

But the proof is in the pudding and I'm not reading. Why? I'm wondering in part if it's because I don't have a healthy thirst to read. Seems like I've heard somewhere that Holy Spirit guides you in new ways, giving you new desires and that one of those desires is to want to know and learn more and read the Bible aka God's Word.

Obviously that desire is not there.

Am I just lazy?
Is brain only wanting to capture the glitz and glam of mass media?
Am I too used to status updates of 140 characters or less?
Can't I just get scripture updates via twitter?!

Haha....I think it's probably like any other habit that we form where I need to stick to it even when it's boring or confusing. Just seems like I ought to at least be more excited?

27 comments:

  1. 看到大家都留言-我也忍不住說聲---加油.........................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 思想與理論,貴呼先於行動,但行動較思想或理論更高貴 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 失去金錢的人,失去很多;失去朋友的人,失去更多;失去信心的人,失去所有。.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼....................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 如果成為一支火柴,也要點亮一個短暫的宇宙;如果是一隻烏鴉,也要叫疼閉塞的耳膜。.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you will not have a leg to stand on.............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. 愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. 花花公子的責任就是要很平均的愛他認識的每一個女孩子~~我們的責任則在於公平的回應每一篇blog..................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  11. 每次看完你的文章,總是回味許久,要經常發表喔。..................................................

    ReplyDelete