Thursday, February 11, 2010

Here's to second chances

Yes! I too fell completely off the wagon with reading my bible every day. I was going strong there for a while, reading (almost) every day, and even reading ahead at times. But when I got out of the habit I it was hard to get back into it.
It perfectly applies to my 'gym' metaphor which I use (probably too) often; Once you've established a habit it's so easy to do, and you look forward to it as part of your day or week and you feel wonderful about consistently doing something that is so good for you, but once you break the cycle it's TOO easy to just keep sliding and not look back.
I had gotten to a point (Exodus 12) where I was so far back on the schedule, I got discouraged and I had a very hard time picking things back up (even though I know, I know- it's totally fine if you get behind, God is cool like that)

BUT thanks to the radical re-adjusting of the timeline; starting back on January 1st (thanks Andrea!) it turns out I am only about 10 days behind! How's that for teacher's pet status!

So, I am picking things back up, and I hope you are too.
Now where was I? I think Pharaoh finally had enough of God's beatings, and let His people go (for now).

~Kiona

3 comments:

  1. SECOND 2nd Chances, even! let's go guys! let us up our Bibles and read for 5 minutes before bedtime! baby steps.

    thanks, Kiona. also, prayer requests will be posted via El Ciudad today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I am in. Again! Let's do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a lot of trouble reading the old testament. new testament no problem.

    ReplyDelete